Where to donate/reach out to, to help the Napa/Santa Rosa fire victims
There are fast-moving fires burning in Northern California and Southern California at the moment, and a lot of individuals in need of our help.
Here’s how to help Northern California, with much of the legwork by @sesmith on Twitter.
(I’m posting here with SE’s permission!)
Community orientated organizations
- Community Foundation of Sonoma County
- The Sonoma County Resilience Fund:
3. The Napa Valley Community Disaster Relief fund:
4. The Savings Bank of Medocino County/Lake County:
This link is actually comprised of a longer list of food banks within the area, so please click on the link and read it in full.
3. Yuba-Sutter Food Bank ( 760 Stafford Way, Yuba City, CA 95991)
Social service organizations
- North Coast Opportunities (204 South Oak Street
Ukiah, CA 95482)
They’re primarily looking for donations to help the fires, and have a link here.
They don’t have a specific fire-related fund, so check out their site and donation link here.
3. Community Action of Napa Valley (2310 Laurel St. #1. Napa, CA 94559)
Check out their donation link here.
4. Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County (1201 Piner Rd #500, Santa Rosa, CA 95403)
5. City of Santa Rosa has been updating their Facebook page on what they might need:
Organizations to help animals
- Napa Humane (3265 California Blvd, Napa, CA 94558)
2. Mendocino County Animal Shelter (298 Plant Rd, Ukiah, CA 95482)
3. Sonoma Humane Society (5345 CA-12, Santa Rosa, CA 95407)
4. Yuba County Animal Care Services (5245 Feather River Blvd, Olivehurst, CA 95961)
If you have an AirBNB in the area, you can donate your location for fire victims, OR you can sign up for free housing if you are in need
Here’s the verified GoFundMe for general fire relief
Business that are accepting donations for fire victims:
- 1–2–3–4 GO! Records in Oakland (420 40th St #5, Oakland, CA 94608)
Check out their Facebook page, and see what is needed: https://www.facebook.com/1234gorecords/
2. JCC of East Bay (1414 Walnut St, Berkeley, California)
Accepting non-perishable goods, including water, toiletries etc.: https://www.facebook.com/jcceastbay/